Loading...

Campanological exhibition

Campanological exhibition
In the 1990s the museum acquired a collection of bells with provenance in various regions of Slovakia, as a part of the restitution process with the Czech Republic. They are displayed in an individual exhibition which has two sections. The first features bells made in Slovakia in different historical periods, with the oldest bell dating back to 1491. The ornamental and figural patterns which decorate Baroque bells are noteworthy. The bell from the belfry of the adjacent Church of the Assumption of Saint Mary is also displayed. The second section of this exhibition is dedicated to the production of the Trnava bell foundry. There is evidence of a bell founding tradition in Trnava as late as in the 20th century. The foundry of the Fischer brothers was in use until 1945 and its building still stands on the Dohnány Street. The exhibition also presents a prototype of a bell stand designed by the inventor and civil engineer Jozef Pozdech, originally from the nearby village of Hrnčiarovce.
Campanological exhibition
Campanological exhibition
Campanological exhibition